Personally and Non-Personally Identifying Information
There are two types of information websites often collect:
- Non-personally identifying information typical of most websites. For example, browser type, language preference, referring site, the date and time of visitors, and the duration of their visits.
- Personally identifying information like a user’s a user’s email address, a user’s membership/access level, and so on.
Information THE SITE Collects
At our SITE, certain visitors choose to interact with THE SITE in ways that require THE SITE to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that THE SITE gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Presently, THE SITE collects an email address when provided by the visitor, to:
- Improve the overall visitor experience with SITE content intended for email subscribers (e.g., freebies)
- Complete specific visitor interactions, such as add the visitor to THE SITE email list managed by Mailchimp
We DO NOT request or collect credit card information. We use third party billing agents (e.g., Etsy) to process payments made for services or products offered by us. Additionally, THE SITE no longer uses analytics to track visitor or user behaviors.
Why We Collect Your Information
THE SITE’s uses of your information is based on the grounds that:
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information to improve our website services so that we can offer you an even better user experience and personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent
How THE SITE Collects Information
THE SITE collects information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with THE SITE. This includes collecting information through:
- Forms: THE SITE uses an email form provided by Mailchimp to sign up for emails and access SITE content meant for email subscribers. A subscriber may change the status of their subscription at any time. In addition, THE SITE uses an email form provided by Opt-In Panda to create a SITE list that works together with a cookie for access to SITE content meant for email subscribers.
Who Sees Visitor Data and Where It Is Sent
Depending on a visitor’s interaction with the website, their data may be seen by or sent to: The following Data Processors/third parties collect and/or manage some user data directly to help the functionality of this website:
- Website Administrators/Data Controllers can see and edit information collected for our email list and SITE access list for content intended for email subscribers
How Long Do We Keep Data?
If a visitor enters their email to view SITE content intended for email subscribers, their email is retained indefinitely. However, email subscribers may unsubscribe from email at any time which will remove their email address from this list.
What You Can Do
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In addition, you can do the following:
- Limit the Information that You Provide
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies
If you are located in certain countries,
including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data; and
- EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
THE SITE takes reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information and and will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone, unless it’s:
- Required to do so by law, or when THE SITE believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of THE SITE, third parties, or the public at large. (Please refer to the Terms of Service and Use for more details.)
- Requested by employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that need to know the information in order to process it on THE SITE’s behalf in order to provide services available via the website.
Further, we rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- Our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you
- Explicit consent that you have given
- Legal obligations
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing)